.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Scenarios, Maps & Mods

Old October 23rd, 2004, 01:18 PM

Corporal

Kelan is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Conceptual Balance Series (Mod)

The only thing that I noticed in my new Niefelheim game is that the Son of Niefel pretender is a fair amount more powerful, at least against independents, because of the improvement in the Winter Wolf, which he gets one per turn in cold dominion.

(511) Winter Wolf +7 HP, +10 Prot, +2 Str, +Stealth

The extra protection and hit points make them pretty powerful while remaining ethereal. I am not saying they should be adjusted, but just wanted to mention that it was a result of improving the winter wolf. In games past I tended to lose my Winter Wolves in battles and never really did get them in big numbers. In my recent game, I have yet to lose one and have a group of 15 of them now on turn 19 .
Old October 23rd, 2004, 03:24 PM

Second Lieutenant

Truper is on a distinguished road

First Pretender under the spellmod I tried myself

The seasonal spirits do bear some watching, IMO. I have summoned them in the unmodded game, despite a vague feeling that I was wasting gems. In the mod, they are probably very worthwhile, and possibly too much so. I need to try Abysia with fire-shielded Summer Lions...
Old October 23rd, 2004, 05:44 PM

First Lieutenant

Zen is on a distinguished road

Newest Version of the Spell and Pretender Mod can be found here: www.techno-mage.com/~zen/

There have been some quality changes that you can find in the Readme's. All typos are fixed AFAIK.
Old October 23rd, 2004, 06:14 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

I'll check the readmes for you, Zen. Let me know in advance when the item stuff is coming, so I can work on that, unless you prefer to do it yourself?

Edi
Old October 23rd, 2004, 06:21 PM

First Lieutenant

I'll let you know, so you can form them up. I'm no good at that portion of it. I just update the readme's you make and you can fix them how they need if they are wrong

Also, note the acknowledgements.
Old October 23rd, 2004, 06:46 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

I've noticed, thanks. Just change the "Esko" to "Edi", I'll feel more comfortable that way. Or use my whole name, Esko Halttunen. But please, NOT just my first name!

In any case, check your email, there were some errors in both mod files, and the readmes have now been changed to eliminate all instances of tab-spacing, those have been replaced with single-space spacing and will now show up correctly in all plain text editors, regardless of settings. Suggest renaming the fixed Versions to 1.81 and 1.51.

Edi
Old October 23rd, 2004, 07:31 PM

First Lieutenant

Changed to 1.81 See latest Version on the Index
Old October 26th, 2004, 01:32 AM

Lieutenant General

Cainehill is on a distinguished road

The 1.81 readme file says that the Father of Serpents now has a Poison Cloud, but it doesn't show up as an attack, nor as a cloud around the pretender in battle. Not sure if this is an error in the readme or in the mod (the .dm file doesn't appear to have any poison cloud either).
Old October 26th, 2004, 01:40 AM

First Lieutenant

Oh yeah, forgot to remove that part. Yes. The Father of Serpents doesn't have a Poison Cloud anymore. It was found to be more of a hamper than a benefit (which I had hoped). I'm afraid I will have to feel that the Father of Serpents and the Lord of the Desert Sun are slightly expensive for their benefit but unable to change them to my 'thematic' desire.

Suggestions that are moddable at the current time would be accepted for those two. Suggestions should not include: Get more paths or Change the Path/cost but something to do with the "SC"ish role that they seem to be apart of. Also I can't mod in +summons for rituals or Summon Allies, otherwise I might have added a bonus to Summer Lions or all animals or something with them.
Old October 26th, 2004, 04:49 AM

Second Lieutenant

Wauthan is on a distinguished road

I gave the Father of Serpents the breathweapon of the Green Dragon. It's not much since, as for the dragons, spells quickly become more powerful as artillery support. But it gets him started a bit quicker as an SC.

I don't think I ever used Lord of the Desert sun. He's the lionheaded feller right? I guess one could remove his Bite attack and give him Consume Soul instead. He's a demigod predator after all. Or perhaps give him stealth and assassin abilities like Mictlans Batman? Would be lionish enough and would be a powerboost. Perhaps lowering his stats a bit since an autosummoning assassin is like a kick in the teeth (curse you Batman!).