.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old July 16th, 2008, 10:44 AM

Second Lieutenant

Swan is on a distinguished road
Default vanilla Wishlist

Because there is a wishlist of the modder i decided to create a wishlist for the vanilla game.
i will insert any wish you want in my first post but i will not be connected until monday.

Nations
-Agartha: early for me is good, but you can insert new summon for ma and la(what there is in seal room?unleash it). i can see black olm(they really exist) mole,and creepy cave/underground creature.

-all the kailasa nation(cant remember the names now): put away malus to siege.

-machaka: new units descriptions and a buff to all units(quicker hoplite).

-pangea: lesser blood in ea with crazy women more powerful;more blood power and spell for ma, lesser crazy women;la is good.

-ma man:remove old age form crone,mada a koa commander(or a commander with mov 3 and forest surv,reduce cost of koa,stealthi shortbow or summon,water pck on crone.(xietor)[thoughts on balancing ma man]

-ma oceania:giant crocodile(i like it),scylla(water hydra),selkie(w/a naiad),a stromlike lore similar to pangea,trident lord and ichtycentaur became poor amphibian and stronger,and a lot of more water creature(baalz and cleveland)[more on baalz post:sugestion for new oceania units]
-all the nations: siege weapons(honeybadger)[seige engines for dom 3]
Pretenders
-magic boost for national pretender unless they are made to be sc(tifone)
-give fear +0/1 to big and bad monster pretender(tifone again)
-lord of the forest with magical spear and the ablity to call an animal to hunt with him(xietor)

Magic
-a way to traform earth gem in resource, maybe in alteration or cons(endo)[in this treadh page 2]
-a way to improve alchemy, as a lv 6-8 of alteration that cost 2x gem of an element and give 2x gem of a chosen element(like wish work)

Emo worm's summons
Prydain, deathborn kingdom
Nameless city expansion pack feat. swan's herd
Venexia, the most serene republic
Old July 16th, 2008, 11:07 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: vanilla Wishlist

LA Pangea tends to play abit more like Ulm (less specialty and more armor). The earlier nations arent much fun if you dont use their built-in benefits such as stealth armies, stealth priests, flying scouts. Kailasa also. Such as best scouts in game, hit-n-retreat, etc.

when it says to hit M instead of m it means to hit Shift-M. Do it when you have a mage selected (highlighted), or many mages selected and it will ask you which spell on each one.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old July 16th, 2008, 11:10 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

I'm not going to post anything particular for this wishlist as such, but I will say this:

The developers themselves requested the modding wishlist so it was created for that purpose. We have had wishlist threads for the vanilla game in the past, but they have usually become too unwieldy (like the bug discussion thread was before the creation of the bug shortlist). Good luck in maintaining this list, but you should be aware of what is doable and what is not and consider the impact of suggested changes before blindly adding requests.

I suggest you use the list tags in the bbcode to formulate your list, because otherwise it is going to be unreadable.

As far as using monthly casting, you must have the mage you want selected, then hit shift+m and then select the spell. As long as you have enough gems, it will be cast every month.
Old July 16th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Tifone is on a distinguished road

Ciao Swan, saluti da Pistoia

A wishlist for the vanilla game... good luck with it. I've seen so many people around wishing for things unshared by the vast majority of the others, or wishing for things that would denaturate the whole game system, or even that would be good ideas but they would require so much work from the devs that it's unpolite even to ask for them.

But if people keep themselves self-limited, I will give my opinion too on what I would wish for this game. Anyway just let me point out that I, as everybody else, do NOT have the RIGHT to CLAIM for changes. Just suggestions to the devs. that we must accept they will maybe just ignore - it's the way things go and it's ok, devs have real lifes too Now for that list:

1) the Forge Monthly command, as in many games making your mages forge clams and skull mentors over and over and over turn by turn by turn makes turns longer and less enjoyable.

2) A fix for the problem with the Poison Arrows Sombre talked about

3) A change for Mists of Deception (Twan's mod if implemented would make this spell much more enjoyable for everybody IMHO, now it is just not accepted unless you keep your mage on the battlefield)

4) A little boost in magic to the national thematic pretenders which have just the national paths and not easy access to others - unless the ones which are designed for the only purpose of being SCs.

5) The monster pretenders which are REALLY big and horrific (*not* the Ageless Olm, but *yes* Drakaina, Dagon, Mother of Monsters... just listen to the names there are others too) to have Fear+1. They're just so funny to use as SCs, and if the Drakaina doesn't drive some Fear into the hearts of puny humans, dunno what else can

That's all for me I think. ^_^

Old July 16th, 2008, 04:05 PM

First Lieutenant

Renojustin is on a distinguished road

1) I heartily agree with

2) Poison arrows are not broken. It works out both balance wise and thematically.

Also, showing your gem income under the forging menu would be great.
Old July 16th, 2008, 04:28 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Reno,

the poison arrow being broken was discussed a LOT in that 3ad I mentioned. If it's balanced I dunno, but surely it wasn't thematically fitting - arrows which explode on impact throwing around pieces of poisoned metal that enters the veins even without inflicting actual damage, requires a huge work of imagination to me, and actually they don't seem fitting their description this way.
Anyway this is not the place to discuss this, I thought everybody agreed they were broken in that thread so if you want we can discuss all this again in that thread, just resurrect that one and even I will partecipate. But this one seems a too "focusing on other things" 3ad to go OT. Thanks.

Actually a /pure dreaming/ enhance of the forging window would be showing you what you could obtain with 1 more point in the mage's path just like the "cast ritual" window. But I feel really in discomfort to ask something not strictly necessary and that would require a lot of work from the devs, so just ignore this one

Old July 16th, 2008, 05:54 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Poison weapons in general is broken because it looks like the poison effect is incurred whether or not actual damage was dealt. But on the other hand it is consistent with secondaryeffect mechanics, meaning that the effect triggers "on hit", not "on damage".
Old July 16th, 2008, 06:42 PM

Major General

MaxWilson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Tifone said:
A wishlist for the vanilla game... good luck with it. I've seen so many people around wishing for things unshared by the vast majority of the others, or wishing for things that would denaturate the whole game system, or even that would be good ideas but they would require so much work from the devs that it's unpolite even to ask for them.

Usually I just wish for Power or Vastness. Some day the devs will hear my plea and then everyone who laughed at me will be sorry.

-Max

["Memories of Ice", by Steven Erikson. Retranslated into l33t.]
Old July 17th, 2008, 03:53 AM
Lieutenant Colonel

lol not 4 seraphz?

Old July 17th, 2008, 04:33 AM

Second Lieutenant

Swan is on a distinguished road

ciao tifone
Maybe the intentions of my post were not clear: i dont care about bug for 2 reason:
1)thre is already plenty of post for them
2)sometimes they appear to me as something that should be used if it give you an advantage, of course only if the others know that.
The idea for this post was to collet all the request for nationb bilancement(maybe i should change it in "nations wishlist")
for example from tifone's post i will take only 4) and 5)

Emo worm's summons
Prydain, deathborn kingdom
Nameless city expansion pack feat. swan's herd
Venexia, the most serene republic