.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old July 27th, 2007, 01:43 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Heroes

The Djinn is not unique, but the last summoned djunn replaces him wiht himself. Thus he can get heroics. Might be considered a bug, but doesn't matter too much.
Old July 27th, 2007, 04:57 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Caves get inappropriate random events

Quote:
Lazy_Perfectionist said:
My pretender has on occasion gotten into the hall of fame. It WAD, unless Al Khazim got a heroic.
Correct... Al Khazim receives heroic abilities.
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:48 PM

Corporal

Methel is on a distinguished road

MA Tien Chi's red guards dont lose hp during winter when they are diseased.
As in, if they get diseased when they have 12 hp, they lose the normal 1 hp but not the seasonal (power of the spring)
Old July 29th, 2007, 02:51 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

How nice of them
Old July 29th, 2007, 03:09 PM

Corporal

Methel is on a distinguished road

not really, I've been spamming rain of toads to make them sick. But instead of being weakened by it, they get stronger
Old July 29th, 2007, 07:20 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Methel said:
MA Tien Chi's red guards dont lose hp during winter when they are diseased.
As in, if they get diseased when they have 12 hp, they lose the normal 1 hp but not the seasonal (power of the spring)
The same can be said about the other things that would otherwise recheck HP numbers. Like pretender gods. Pump them up in high friendly dominion with lots of HP, get them diseased, continue having those HPs in enemy dominion...
Emergency comic relief
Old July 30th, 2007, 11:48 AM

Private

DaMilano is on a distinguished road

Unit #1536 Anointed of Rhuax's random magic pick doesn't seem to work.
Well either that, or I am truly unlucky, since I have played EA Abysia in three consecutive SP games and recruited 200+ of this unit without getting a single random magic of any kind.
Old August 1st, 2007, 12:10 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
NTJedi said:
Quote:
Edi said:
Bug thread roundup of recent shortlisted issues, in o particular order:
  • MAPEDITOR Shortcut 'm' is used to assign both mountains and many sites terrain.
  • BHV Siege Blood Sacrifice When sieging a fort, the sieging commander (happened with dryad if that matters) gets the option to perform a blood sacrifice in command list (though the temple naturally belongs to besieged).
  • FT Construction Commanders killed by Mind Hunt or other remote spells when constructing castle prevents continuing fort construction even if province does not change hands.
  • EVT Cave Provinces Cave provinces can get inappropriate random events, for example, "A hailstorm has devastated the countryside killing cattle and shepherds."
  • BHV Army Movement: Move & Patrol When a commander is selected to move into a province with a castle and the move order changed to move and patrol, adding units to his squads will change the move order even if the units do not have sufficient map move. Thus units with strategic move of 0 can be moved from province to province and units with strategic move of 1 can be made to move farther than they should.
  • BHV Automatic Site Search Targeting Automatic monthly casting of site searching spells skips all provinces that have two or more visible sites. It also skips provinces which have been searched with a lower level of skill. Capitals with only one site are targeted. Is this bug or WAD?
  • BHV Eyeloss Units with lots of eyes will only get affliction "Lost a couple of eyes" even if they get repeated afflictions. They never go blind from eyeloss.
  • BHV MERC Gems: It is possible to steal blood slaves from a mercenary by selecting him and using the Z shortcut. This should not work.
  • BHV MERC Rozuls Red Raptors: No discount for EA Caelum. A discount would make thematic sense.
  • Multiple slots of one type If a unit has three or more item slots of same type, e.g. hand or misc, multiple identical items will stack if they are separated by a different item in between.
  • Item Slots Changing due to afflictions. Basically a different instance of the above case, an immortal unit healing from the "Lost an arm" affliction and getting its hand item slot back can cause unit to drop items. If an artifact is lost in this way, it will not be available for reforging unless the game is reloaded. In short, afflictions and item slots may result in very strange behavior. In the example case, a regrowing arm caused helmet, armor and boots to be dropped.
What about the reanimate bug I posted?

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img]
I have an undead mummy which is level_1 air and level_1 priest. Even being only level_1 I'm able to reanimate ghouls(LvL1), soulless(LvL2) or longdead warriors(LvL3)... in Dominions_2 the level_1 status meant only reanimate ghouls.
Seems like a bug.
[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img]
This bug hasn't been updated yet... let me know if you need me to upload the game files.
Old August 1st, 2007, 01:42 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

I haven't updated the list yet. Too much effort to be able to do it at work since I need to go back over posts, pick things up and then edit them in at the right places. It's stuff that requires JK to fix it, so I'd rather concentrate on ironing out the typos so that they will be gone in the next patch. My time IS limited, even though casual forum browsing and a few short posts from work may make it seem otherwise.
Old August 1st, 2007, 10:06 PM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Seducing again

Am I the only one who uses seducing that much? I just encountered a [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img][img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img][img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] major bug [img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img][img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img][img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img] : rather than using the same code that's being used to check where units retreat to when fleeing from a battle, units from a successful seduction happily go to any random adjacent province. Even if it's underwater and none (seducer and seduced) can survive there or even go there normally. So basically what you get is a successful seduction and two drowned units. Yee-Haw.

I guess that aquatic units would flee to land provinces, too.

Emergency comic relief