Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Bug Bug Thread: Discussion - Page 290 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old March 22nd, 2010, 12:07 PM

Corporal

nordlys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bug Thread: Discussion

Levitation =/= flight.

Flight in dominion terms means very fast movement (instant on battlefield). Non-flying ethereals just hover over the earth moving with a pedestrian speed.
Old March 29th, 2010, 07:35 AM

Private

ese-aSH is on a distinguished road

Something I consider a bug :

I have a fort on a province, dominion 9 for me and luck 3 scale.
An ennemy take the province and besiege the fort.

On the next turn, I have lost my lab, without any message about it. I asked the guy that was besieging, he told me he had a negative event on that province that destroyed the lab.

I understand the game considered that the province was hosted by a nation (my ennemy), under hostile dominion (my dominion) with hostile luck 3, therefore deserved negative events. But if the event affects the nation whose dominion is ruling, it should not happen.
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:04 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ese-aSH View Post
Something I consider a bug :

I have a fort on a province, dominion 9 for me and luck 3 scale.
An ennemy take the province and besiege the fort.

On the next turn, I have lost my lab, without any message about it. I asked the guy that was besieging, he told me he had a negative event on that province that destroyed the lab.

I understand the game considered that the province was hosted by a nation (my ennemy), under hostile dominion (my dominion) with hostile luck 3, therefore deserved negative events. But if the event affects the nation whose dominion is ruling, it should not happen.
You can chalk that up as another siege related behavior bug. There are three tons and then some of those, even after everything that has been fixed.

Events that happen in provinces under siege are displayed to the besieger, since he has control of the province (just not fullowner). If the event affects some aspect of the province, it doesn't matter who controls that particular aspect of the partially owned province. This means that your temple or lab may blow up due to an event, the besieger may get PD increases to the besieged province (since he controls the outside of it) etc.

The most annoying of the various siege bugs is that when a siege is in progress, all attacks by independent sources (barbarian hordes, vampire counts, necromancers, knights, ghost riders etc) go into limbo instead of hitting the besieger as they should and only emerge after someone has sole control of the province. This was not bugged in Dominions 2, so you could get help from such events if you were under siege.

Most of these have been reported and are in the shortlist.

There is no easy way to fix these events either, since the fullowner requirement for events must be set to a specific nation, it cannot be set to nation_all. If it could, then it would be trivial to fix these, but would also remove the possibility of temples and labs burning down during sieges (which is actually pretty realistic).
Old March 29th, 2010, 10:23 AM

Private

ese-aSH is on a distinguished road

I understand. I was just reporting that behaviour since it happened 2 times in 10 turns to me on the same province no big deal anyway (I wondered which spell was breaking my labs).
Old April 1st, 2010, 11:42 PM

General

Graeme Dice is on a distinguished road

Battlefield wide spells should probably consider the size of the current battlefield for their area of effect instead of the whatever constant value they currently use.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:51 AM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme Dice View Post
Battlefield wide spells should probably consider the size of the current battlefield for their area of effect instead of the whatever constant value they currently use.
Yes, having battlefield wide spells effect 1/10th of the battlefield because your opponent brought 9000 troops is rather annoying.

Similarly, enough troops to massively deform the battlefield should not let them walk around the *sides* of castle walls to get behind them.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 01:27 PM

Corporal

kennydicke is on a distinguished road

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but, since the new patch, many units without ranged weapons have the 'Fire' orders. No big deal, but I assume it's a bug.

Also, one of my sprites shows up backwards in battle and stays that way until it attacks or gets attacked, even when it casts spells it doesn't flip to the proper orientation. I assume this is a problem with the sprite, not an actual game bug.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 03:35 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

are you sure it wasn't charmed or enslaved? But funny thing.. I've also seen a backwards sprite.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 04:27 PM

Corporal

kennydicke is on a distinguished road

chrispedersen
Quote:
are you sure it wasn't charmed or enslaved?
Yeah, I'm sure. It's a totemic PD-leader for a mod. It always starts a fight backwards. On the world map, as a commander (or in a recruitment queue) it faces the proper direction. Weird.
Old April 2nd, 2010, 11:33 PM

BANNED USER

Sombre is on a distinguished road

Units which are onebattlespell summoned in battle appear backwards if the nation they belong to has an odd nation ID.

Strange but true.
The Following User Says Thank You to Sombre For This Useful Post: