.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old May 6th, 2007, 06:46 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road
Default Victory Point provinces

Victory Point provinces can pop up on your map if the server is started from the command line. Discussion here.

Maybe not a bug, but I'd be interested how that happens and if I maybe need to add some switch to turn those provinces on/off.
Emergency comic relief
Old May 6th, 2007, 06:51 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Strange Transformations

You're welcome, Max.

Originally, the 3.06 list did not have much color coding because I thought to leave the determination to Johan and Kristoffer, but that didn't pan out too well because they have so many things pressing on their time that things can get easily overlooked. Maintaining the color coding on the list is also mind-numbing gruntwork from some perspectives and they can use that time better. It is probably easier that I make some judgment calls to draw attention to certain problems. Especially now that I also have access to the beta forum and the additional information there, such judgment calls are easier to make without just shooting blindly in the dark.

The new way of organizing the shortlist will also help keep things from becoming too muddled up.
Old May 6th, 2007, 07:00 AM

Default Re: Graphical glitch

Quote:
TurboNoob said:
is there any way to uninstall vista and install xp?
If you buy a legit copy of XP, format the drive and install that, then yes, but the first thing I would try is checking what kind of graphics card you have, then check the manufacturer's site for Vista-compatible drivers and install those. It helps if you have a big brand graphics card. For example, I have an Asus card, so drivers are generally not much of a problem.
Old May 6th, 2007, 01:19 PM

Private

TurboNoob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Graphical glitch

I have a 945GM/GU from acer which is a pretty bad video card, but I'm on a laptop so I can't really replace it. It says it has installed the new drivers just fine, but I don't notice any difference with them in any games.

All in all, I think Best Buy sold me a lemon and I definitely won't be buying another acer laptop. I'll also be more careful to research what I'm buying in the future.
Old May 7th, 2007, 12:50 PM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road

There's definitely some kind of bug with monthly site-searching and capitals. It's been around from the start, but it should be easier to pin down now that all searching can be done monthly.

Sometimes capitals (including captured enemy capitals) are targeted, usually they are not. If a capital is targeted, it will be a valid target for all paths. Which capitals are valid targets changes from game to game with no pattern I've been able to spot.

Some non-capital provinces are skipped. I haven't yet seen this in 3.08, but I've only had a few test games, none of which lasted very long.

My guess is that there's something wrong in the "Is this a capital?" check, that causes both problems. Now that all searching can be done with monthly casting, it should be possible to see whether there's a correlation between capitals searched and provinces not searched.

Other site-searching problems:
A mage set to auto cast searches can target a province lost the same turn. (Not lost the turn it's cast, but the turn it's targeted.) You cannot manually set a mage to cast on that province, since you no longer own it. This is an artifact of the turn order. Targets for monthly rituals are determined right after the ritual is cast, before battles occur.
For the same turn order reasons, a mage auto casting searches will not target a province gained that turn, though you can manually target that province.

The first of those I would call a bug, since it lets you do something you can't do by other means. The second would be nice to have, since it would let you keep your empire searched with less effort, but the same fix would probably address both.
Old May 8th, 2007, 11:16 AM

Corporal

Blofeld is on a distinguished road

W85 - tentacle should be bonus weapon, as of now it hurts hybrids and hybrid troopers (U 969, 970) - they have club or spear + tentacle and thus suffer from dualwielding penalties
U908 - Queen of the Lake, U359 - Queen of the Sea regenerate while not underwater. U907 - Queen of the Deeps doesn't. Bug or WAD?
Map Parganos - province #31 (a small island SW completely surrounded by water) is not marked as #nostart
Old May 8th, 2007, 11:48 AM

Major General

MaxWilson is on a distinguished road

About Parganos: I believe there are several other problems with the map. There's a fixed map done by Edi, IIRC, posted in the map forum.

-Max

["Memories of Ice", by Steven Erikson. Retranslated into l33t.]
Old May 8th, 2007, 11:55 AM

Parganos has been fixed (see shortlist, 3.06 issues) and there has been an improved fix that I have not yet posted on the main forums. I'll try to see that the fixed maps make it to the next patch. Some of the other maps also need looking at, they have screwey mapzooms due to the editor having deleted the #defaultmapzoom values at some point.
Old May 13th, 2007, 05:29 PM

Corporal

Blofeld is on a distinguished road

U907 - Queen of the Deeps has no darkvision
Thematically she should, also Queen of the Sea has darkvision 100
Old May 13th, 2007, 07:00 PM

Corporal

ologm is on a distinguished road

Replay inconsistency: In the attached savegame in the province Florien there is a ice captain called "Lord of Decay". If you look at the replay of the battle in Florien he ends up with a never healing wound affliction during the battle. However after the battle he has no affliction.