.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old July 23rd, 2007, 10:53 PM

General

NTJedi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Caves get inappropriate random events

Quote:
Edi said:
Bug thread roundup of recent shortlisted issues, in o particular order:
  • MAPEDITOR Shortcut 'm' is used to assign both mountains and many sites terrain.
  • BHV Siege Blood Sacrifice When sieging a fort, the sieging commander (happened with dryad if that matters) gets the option to perform a blood sacrifice in command list (though the temple naturally belongs to besieged).
  • FT Construction Commanders killed by Mind Hunt or other remote spells when constructing castle prevents continuing fort construction even if province does not change hands.
  • EVT Cave Provinces Cave provinces can get inappropriate random events, for example, "A hailstorm has devastated the countryside killing cattle and shepherds."
  • BHV Army Movement: Move & Patrol When a commander is selected to move into a province with a castle and the move order changed to move and patrol, adding units to his squads will change the move order even if the units do not have sufficient map move. Thus units with strategic move of 0 can be moved from province to province and units with strategic move of 1 can be made to move farther than they should.
  • BHV Automatic Site Search Targeting Automatic monthly casting of site searching spells skips all provinces that have two or more visible sites. It also skips provinces which have been searched with a lower level of skill. Capitals with only one site are targeted. Is this bug or WAD?
  • BHV Eyeloss Units with lots of eyes will only get affliction "Lost a couple of eyes" even if they get repeated afflictions. They never go blind from eyeloss.
  • BHV MERC Gems: It is possible to steal blood slaves from a mercenary by selecting him and using the Z shortcut. This should not work.
  • BHV MERC Rozuls Red Raptors: No discount for EA Caelum. A discount would make thematic sense.
  • Multiple slots of one type If a unit has three or more item slots of same type, e.g. hand or misc, multiple identical items will stack if they are separated by a different item in between.
  • Item Slots Changing due to afflictions. Basically a different instance of the above case, an immortal unit healing from the "Lost an arm" affliction and getting its hand item slot back can cause unit to drop items. If an artifact is lost in this way, it will not be available for reforging unless the game is reloaded. In short, afflictions and item slots may result in very strange behavior. In the example case, a regrowing arm caused helmet, armor and boots to be dropped.
What about the reanimate bug I posted?

[img]/threads/images/Graemlins/Bug.gif[/img]
I have an undead mummy which is level_1 air and level_1 priest. Even being only level_1 I'm able to reanimate ghouls(LvL1), soulless(LvL2) or longdead warriors(LvL3)... in Dominions_2 the level_1 status meant only reanimate ghouls.
Seems like a bug.
Old July 24th, 2007, 12:51 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Oh, that. Sorry, it got overlooked because my copy-paste of the various posts was such a mess. I'll check if I can duplicate that at home and add it then.
Old July 25th, 2007, 06:36 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Quote:
llamabeast said:
There's also the not especially important but annoying and non-obvious fact that fire resistance from Phoenix Power and Army of Gold don't stack.
Army of Lead doesn't stack with Antimagic, too. That's WAD I guess.

Somebody said that the broken "Wind Ride" spell isn't in the shortlist yet. According to qm it currently only works on adjacent provinces, or something. Please fix this spell...
Emergency comic relief
Old July 25th, 2007, 07:17 AM

Major

Micah is on a distinguished road
Default Wind Ride

Wind Ride seems like it'd be way too good if it was working like it was supposed to, I'd rather just see the description changed and have it made cheaper so it'd be usable.

A guaranteed commander kill (or a free ride into charm-land) for 10 gems would be pretty unbalanced, especially since there's no counter to the spell aside from hoping it picks up a decoy instead (unless you want to spend 100 earth gems empowering). Even accounting for having to double-cast it to bring a decoy along the spell would be a hugely good deal at 20 gems...wraith lords get yanked out of their dominion and killed, banes are toast. Even an astral mage with a returning script can be killed, since the wind ride forces them to be the attacker, giving the caster of the wind ride the first action...life for a life, paralyze or magic duel will pop your mage before he gets an action. On top of this heavy air nations already have the upper hand in raiding (Heim stealth and Caelum's flying).

Though the spell description should certainly be changed to reflect what it actually does (and something should probably be tweaked on it to make it worth casting, but bringing an enemy commander to exactly where you want them is more appropriate for a wish than a 5th level, 10 gem spell.)
Old July 25th, 2007, 07:18 AM

The various spells that confer mass resistance to something don't stack with other resistance spells or items and as far as I know, that's an intentional design decision. There was a discussion to that effect sometime long ago, might even have been back in the heydey of Dom2. If my memory is not failing me entirely, I think it was Kristoffer who said it too.
Old July 25th, 2007, 09:18 AM

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough

Ooh dear. Does this mean that fire resistance from Army of Gold and Warriors of Muspelheim won't stack? This info might come just in time to save a lot more poor Marignese soldiers!
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old July 25th, 2007, 06:29 PM

General

Gosh, did I ever discover a depressing bug. Well here it is... within a custom singleplayer game I provided a computer opponent with a SC named "sparky" which entered into the hall of fame. As the game has been progressing I decided to also name one of my SCs "sparky".
As you can guess my SC shows as being in the hall of fame however if I view his stats even when clicking on his name within the hall of fame and there's no heroic bonus!
This can be abused... if someone previously had someone within the hall of fame... let's say a mage with a research bonus and they wanted to continue raising that research bonus without risking the mages life... they only need to create a SC with the same name who eventually gets into the hall of fame.

My game files are very large, but let me know if you want them uploaded or if you understand how to reproduce on your own.
Old July 26th, 2007, 02:19 AM

Easier if you upload them and provide a link.

Does your Sparky have a heroic ability when you view him from somewhere other than the hall of fame? Like from the army setup screen?
Old July 26th, 2007, 12:04 PM

General

Quote:
Edi said:
Easier if you upload them and provide a link.

Does your Sparky have a heroic ability when you view him from somewhere other than the hall of fame? Like from the army setup screen?
Here's where you can download the files for viewing this issue: http://www.mediafire.com/?2lcqdd0rw1o
Sparky is listed in the hall of fame yet when viewing his stats either from the province or the hall of fame there's no heroic ability. My Sparky commander/mage is an arch devil in the province of Troll Peaks found far on the East.
Old July 26th, 2007, 04:10 PM

Major

Micah is on a distinguished road

Arch devils are unique and don't get Heroics.