ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Conquest of Elysium II

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 8th, 2007, 12:52 AM

Corporal

moodgiesanta is on a distinguished road
Default So, how do you play this game?

First of all, thank you very much Illwinter and Shrapnel for releasing this for free, it is perfect to play while waiting on late-game turns to finish on big maps in Dom 3. But I feel kind of like I am wandering in the dark here. OK, so I got that you have heroes, and you click the little blue swords to assign troops to the selected commander, and you move them around to kill things and capture villages/farms/other things. But I am left with a lot of questions. If anyone could help me out with them I'd really appreciate it.

1. Is there any sort of documentation available? I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth here, I'm just wondering if there is a FAQ or walkthrough or something written by someone at some point. I chose an enchanter (almost named him Tim) and was wondering what all those interesting symbols mean on my golem's status page.

2. Should I be so poor? Am I falling way behind because I am terrible or is that normal?

3. Are there functions on the keyboard that I can't get through the mouse? If so, what are they?

4. Any way to slow down the battles?

5. Speaking of battles, how do they work? Right now I'm sending my guys in and hoping they don't die. Do mixed arms work better? Worse?