.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old July 15th, 2008, 05:24 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Introduce yourself!! :-)

Welcome!

As Endo said, the FAQ is a good place to start. The Strategy Index sticky is another good one. Though I expect they will hardly answer all of your questions.
Old July 20th, 2008, 04:50 PM

Corporal

Apsophos is on a distinguished road

Hi! I'm from France, bought the game some months ago, played a few single player games and am now waiting eagerly to find a slot in a newbie (or relatively newb-friendly) multiplayer game.
Old July 20th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Lieutenant Colonel

Tifone is on a distinguished road

Bienvenue Apsophos ^_^ (don't get it wrong, I don't speak much French )

Old July 28th, 2008, 04:00 PM

Private

Tpek is on a distinguished road

Hello there,

Introducing myself,
I am a 24 years old guy from Israel.
I've been a lurker on these forums for quite some time, and been playing dominions for quite a while (originally got Dom2 in 2005).
It took me quite some time to get Dom3 (the store from which I ordered the game didn't get, in fact it has yet to get it. I preorderd 2 months before the release).

And I haven't really got to play MP in Dom3 yet (only played a bit of MP in Dom2, even then with a friend to whom I introduced the game).

I've been thinking for quite some time to join these forums, but never really did so, untill... I saw that the forum's appearantly only Israeli is now conscripted into the army. So I decided to join, to fill his place

To tell the truth, I never really saw much Dominions playing in Israel. When I got 2, I found out about it from the home of the underdogs forums. Which compelled me to download the demo, which compelled me to show it to a friend, which made me order 2 copies through the store (the one that was supposed to get me Dom3 ), which made me and my friend try to introduce this game to others. Especially to fans of MoM and the like.

I never saw Dominions 3 sold in Israel until recently, but there was a (very very very bad) review of it on an Israeli gaming website (the reviewer barely understood or played the game, and most of all: complained about certain bugs that we all know are part of the copy protection mechanism).

For a living I work as a programmer (or "Software Engineer" as some people like to call it ) for the military, something that along with my university studies leaves me very little free time

Apart from that, I have no favorite nation or even era.
And I very much like the commitment of Illwinter to release more and more patches, which actually add content to the game. And am of course very eagerly anticipating their next game (please let it be an rpg! )
Old July 28th, 2008, 04:13 PM

Colonel

Ballbarian will become famous soon enough

Welcome Tpek!
Map Forge - Map editor
Old July 28th, 2008, 05:38 PM

General

Kristoffer O is on a distinguished road

Welcome and thanks for the kind words

I think you would find it more rpg'ish than dominions. But things might change. We did an overhaul of character advancement. The result is more rpg'ish than before. It is not likely that we change back, but we haven't evaluated the changes yet. It feels fun though
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:14 PM

Second Lieutenant

Darkwind is on a distinguished road

I don't think I've posted here yet, so hey, why not.

Well, I'm Darkwind. I'm also male. I enjoy multiplayer games in general, especially games heavy on diplomacy, since I'm not quite as good at strategizing as I am at convincing people to help me or keep me around (I was once kept around in a real-time diplomacy-esque game because the superpower who surrounded me thought I was funny). I'm also a fan of Warcraft III, mostly because of its immense moddability and easy-to-understand map editor (many people playing Starcraft and Warcraft cite the powerful editors as a reason the games are still popular, from what I've seen). That's it, I guess. Hey everyone!

(this feels going to a party and only waving 'hi' when the party is halfway over, though dom3 isn't necessarily halfway through its lifespan).
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:25 PM

Lieutenant General

JimMorrison is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Darkwind said:
I don't think I've posted here yet, so hey, why not.

Well, I'm Darkwind. I'm also male. I enjoy multiplayer games in general, especially games heavy on diplomacy, since I'm not quite as good at strategizing as I am at convincing people to help me or keep me around (I was once kept around in a real-time diplomacy-esque game because the superpower who surrounded me thought I was funny). I'm also a fan of Warcraft III, mostly because of its immense moddability and easy-to-understand map editor (many people playing Starcraft and Warcraft cite the powerful editors as a reason the games are still popular, from what I've seen). That's it, I guess. Hey everyone!

(this feels going to a party and only waving 'hi' when the party is halfway over, though dom3 isn't necessarily halfway through its lifespan).

No, but you ARE halfway through your third beer, and starting to feel more gregarious.

Someday, you will be on the list when I open up my Dominions Anonymous clinic. Hi Darkwind!
Old August 2nd, 2008, 10:25 PM

Colonel

Ballbarian will become famous soon enough

Belated welcome to ya Darkwind!
Map Forge - Map editor
Old August 4th, 2008, 05:40 PM

Private

Telefrog is on a distinguished road

Hello!

I'm ashamed to admit that I'd never heard of Dominions at all, and I've been PC gaming since I bought a Soundblaster just to hear the sounds in Wing Commander! Rest assured that as soon as I played the demo, I knew I had to have this awesome game.

I've only just this weekend "beat" the tutorial level by barely hanging on and subjecting the AI to my outraged sputtering and indignant mouse clicking. I look forward to really getting into the nuts and bolts of this terrific strategy gem.