ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Shrapnel Community > Intel Forum Bar & Grill

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 9th, 2007, 09:00 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Atrocities is on a distinguished road
Default Google and Big Brother

Well this just made the hair on the back of my neck stand tall. For good or bad its now out there.

Talk about being in bed with big brother

I don't know what to say to this other than it creeps me out and makes me seriously wonder why I even keep go on line any more. At least google is giving us the option to see what the snoopy government, big business, and covert marketers get to see.

Your entire web viewing history. Now you too can see interesting trends, visit any old pages, back log any sites that you have ever visited and so can everyone else. Just freaky.

Is it a good service or just another nail in the coffin of care free web surfing. Hell it could be said that one day a person could be prosecuted for posting their opinions on web sites, or worse, have what they post used against them in court, in making hiring determinations, or even whether or not to allow you access to your rights.

I am sure some day some company will spring up to sell potential employers all the information they could ever want to know about an applicant up to and including what web sites they visit, what they like to read and more importantly say and do on line.

I ask you, is this really where we want the path of freedom to go?

No one should own the information about where any one goes on line. That information should not be kept. It is akin to having radio ID chips implanted into everyone to track where they go each and every day. It is wrong. It can and will lead to horrific abuses of power.

It seems the more we become "wired" in the less freedom we have. And frankly that scares the hell out me. If someone wants to know where I have been, then they can ask me. Whether I am surfing the web or driving around the only person who needs to know where I am going or have been is me. And the old argument that if you don't have anything to hide, then why worry about it, is the tried and truth argument of a totalitarian point of view. The who point is, I should have to worry about it because no one should be asking. A society under surveillance is not a free society now is it?