Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
what about the future? - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old September 7th, 2010, 05:43 PM

BANNED USER

Eximius Sus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: what about the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyBadger View Post
I was replying to Fantomen (which should be pretty clear, as his is the above post), rereferencing, and then inverting, my own quote, to make it clear that it wasn't seriously applicable to Shrapnel Games.

"Fascism" = the mentioned Nazi party.

Appologies for any confusion, but I didn't find it difficult to read or understand, even after rereading it several times.
But you brought up the Nazi Party? 10 commas per sentence does not make for clarity. If you wish to be clear use simple sentences. (full stop)

Let me see if I can paraphrase you.

1) Shrapnel has the right to make rules and enforce them on its forum.
2) The intent of the rules is to have order and politeness.
2) Shrapnel is not being fascist in doing this enforcement.

Would that about sum up your argument? I'm still wondering who you think disagrees with these points. It does not appear to be Fantomen.

It looks a lot like what Fantomen was saying is that a number of people are refusing to learn from these episodes. And on both sides.

Equating an internet forum with a corner store is disingenious. The revenue models are completely different. If you want to use a simile, try a dance bar. You make money by selling drinks. More drinks = more money but at some point it's too rough. Then you clamp down. But damn few bars permanently ban the heavy drinkers. Send em home in a cab, or to the drunk tank maybe.

Shrapnel makes money by selling games. Games sell by being in the news and print and word of mouth. Does order and politeness put a game on the map of the internet? I doubt it. Take MachineGunJoe's example. The highest ranking thread on Google from this forum is Crossbows and Longbows. Definitely not a polite ramble about let's just all get along.