.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

ATF: Armored Task Force- Save $8.00
War Plan Pacific- Save $8.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 30th, 2007, 10:58 PM

Private

Gooles is on a distinguished road
Default RE: \"Upgrade\" options between Dominion series.

Firstly, this is the most addicting and therefor most played strategy game I own. I love almost everything about it..... the exception being the $50 price tag per game. It isn't that the game itself isn't worth it, but if you own a previous installment, upgrading to the latest always makes me very reluctant. The changes and additions to the game are excellent, but really, the game itself is only slightly changed.

Because of this, I would wish you'd consider an "upgrade" option. As in, if you can provide a valid serial key (only can be used once of course), you would be charged a reduced rate of only $20 to $30 since a good portion of the game is reused. It would be a major deterrent towards reasons to pirate Dominions 2 & 3 (I admit, I originally downloaded Dom3 since I couldn't bring myself to pay $50 again) as well as greatly increase your revenue as many people are still downloading only version 3.04 (pre-serial blacklists), which means the price reduction might entice them further to purchase the game.

I've loved the entire Dominions series and have been playing since 2004. I wish to purchase Dominions 4 when it comes out, but I won't bring myself to pay again. I really hope you'll at least consider this idea.
(Feel free to flame me, tell me I'm over the line or hell- you could even agree if you want to)

Cheers!