.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old January 24th, 2009, 09:35 PM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug Thread: Discussion

If they were poisoned or decaying, etc they should have disappeared at the end of the battle, with the usual stream of hp numbers or years above them.
They weren't mercs, were they? If the commander dies, I believe the mercs vanish.

Were they listed in the battle report as dead? The right number at least. If so it could be the battle replay bug, which does not necessarily depend on OS or version differences.
Old January 24th, 2009, 09:49 PM

BANNED USER

chrispedersen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by archaeolept View Post
my reply from the other thread you posted this in:

"etreats are resolved after combats and, as such, the units had no legitimate province left to retreat to. That is not a bug, but how the game works.

If there were units in your army which are not in the province afterwards, two possibilities exist: 1) that they were under the effect of poison or decay or somesuch, and so died, or 2) that the battle result you saw was not the actual battle, due to some incompatibility of OS or versions.

Routed units from a magical phase battle will appear in the retreated to province in time for the normal battle there, I believe."
None of the above is true. There were no special effects in effect. The fight was versus cave men and earth drakes. As I said, there were more than 10 units that were left on the map. None of them appeared in the province.

It is possible that this is another example of .. "the combat you see is not the combat that actually happened." Or, of course, it could just be a bug.
Old January 25th, 2009, 12:12 PM

Captain

cleveland is on a distinguished road

or WAD?

Units with the "Never Heals" tag (i.e. the broken bone symbol) don't lose the health gained by a lifedraining weapon over time.

For example, say a non-"Never Heals" unit, like a Sleeper, wields a Wraith Sword, and ends a battle with 50 HP. Since his base HP is 26, he'll slowly lose HP each turn until he arrives back at 26.

BUT, if a GoR'd gargoyle wields a Wraith Sword, and ends a battle with 100 HP, he won't lose those HP as time passes. 10 turns later, he'll still have 100 HP (assuming he stays out of combat, etc).

Presumably this is because HP-overload-loss is included in the same "HP Reckoning" calculation that heals wounded units at the end of each turn, and "Never Heals" units are excluded from that calculation.

As an interesting side note, if the above Gargoyle is located in a province with a lab, it WILL lose HP as expected...this is because it's a magic being that heals only when a lab is present...thus it's included in the HP Reckoning, and there you go.
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:30 PM

Sergeant

fungalreason is on a distinguished road

What would be needed to submit an example of the movement bug? I have a situation where it's pretty clear that's what happened.

I assume .trn and .2h files from the turn before and after? Fortunately this is a llamaserver game, so I have all the old e-mails. Is something needed from the host as well?
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:34 PM

Lieutenant General

archaeolept is on a distinguished road

no that should be fine. what happened?

my most hated movement bug was moving out a group of stealthy raiders who were observing a seige. they were going to attack an adjacent province, but the sieger moved in a few troops from that province to reinforce the seige... so the game decided to have my stealthy army fight his whole seiging force... It was pretty dumb, and I lost a ton of van thugs

forces that were hidden should be exempt from the "which province do the colliding forces engage in" determination
Old January 26th, 2009, 08:48 PM

Sergeant

fungalreason is on a distinguished road

Essentially an entire army failed to move. They were just going one space. No battles happened in either territory. There were some stealth units carrying supply items with them that did move and were caught by patrollers. So it may be something related to that.

I don't want to post the files publicly yet, since it would reveal too much. I'm just making sure I know what to keep for later on.
Old January 26th, 2009, 11:46 PM

Lieutenant General

archaeolept is on a distinguished road

keep the prior turn's files as well
Old January 27th, 2009, 05:35 AM

Sergeant

Reay is on a distinguished road

Small issue: LA Mictlan's starting army consists of warriors (unit number 722), which have older Mictlan armour instead of the LA warriors (unit number 1545) which have Scale Mail cuirasses.
Old January 27th, 2009, 07:57 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Thanks.
Old January 27th, 2009, 10:55 AM

Private

seryozha is on a distinguished road

I have been trying some earth strong blessing for +4 protection with Vanheim and Eriu. However, it seems that blessing is doing no effect, defence stats remain unchanged while troops gain other bless effects like reinvingoration or atack, magic protection, etc (depending of the magic choices). Is this a known bug or I am missing something? Thank you all.