.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old June 29th, 2011, 09:49 AM

National Security Advisor

llamabeast will become famous soon enoughllamabeast will become famous soon enough
Default Re: New Patch & Mods - Possible bugs.

Sorry, what did you see LoloMo?
A compilation of high quality mod nations: Expanded Nations Packs
Old June 29th, 2011, 10:47 AM

Edi is on a distinguished road

There is a new version (v3.27a) of the modding manual available from the patch download page. The newer version contains some more detailed explanation of the new mechanics of the #weapon and #armor commands.

It was not worth redoing the entire patch just for the document change, so if you want the most up to date modding manual, get the copy from the patch page.
The Following User Says Thank You to Edi For This Useful Post:
Old June 29th, 2011, 02:36 PM

Captain

LDiCesare is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi View Post
It was not worth redoing the entire patch just for the document change, so if you want the most up to date modding manual, get the copy from the patch page.
Well, the document change maybe not, but frankly I'm holding to start a game until mods are changed, so reverting the modding commands change would actually have been a better idea. The current patch simply breaks all mods that add or change a weapon to any unit, which means all versions of CBM, which means a lot of games.
Old June 29th, 2011, 04:12 PM

The current patch breaks all mods because the old mechanic for the #weapon and #armor commands was broken in relation to modifying old monsters (as opposed to creating new ones) and did not work correctly.

That was Johan's assessment of the situation when it was asked in light of this thread, so you may have a very hard time trying to convince him of the need to revert it.

You could actually see some of the problems in action if you tried certain kinds of things. llamabeast has actually produced a script that can fix mods by adding the #clearweapons and #cleararmor commands to a mod in the appropriate places and the CBM mods are getting an overhaul to address the issue pretty soon.

I'm afraid the current sitaution is here to stay.
Old June 30th, 2011, 02:13 AM

Captain

LDiCesare is on a distinguished road

It's all right with llamabeast making an awesome job of fixing the mods, but this patch really adds little, and breaking everything that worked in order to allow for some new stuff without warning is still annoying. Then again, Illwinter don't have to patch the game so I know I'm behaving like a spoiled brat for complaining.
I mean, I have some mods that I used to change some units. It is broken by this patch. I'd have to patch it to use it. I haven't shared it because it's of really no value to anyone but me and I fiddled with it every other week. Had I been currently using it, I'd have had very weird and unexpected results without warning.
Anyway, thanks Illwinter for patching the game, but if you break all mods please provide a migration script or at least issue a warning beforehand.
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:15 AM

First Lieutenant

Makinus is on a distinguished road

I just updated DOM3 with the latest patch and now all menu options got changed to a mishmash of letters (CCCCCCc or DDDDDDd). I remember this happening on a patch a long time ago and the fix was a simple one... i simply cannot find it (or remember it)... can anyone help me?

Thanks
Old June 30th, 2011, 09:01 AM

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Just back up your saves, mods and maps first.
Old June 30th, 2011, 10:16 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

What screen size are you running at?
There was an update to the font files with this patch. We might have missed testing it with a particular screen setting

Do you run full screen? Do you use alt-return to step out then get back in?
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:00 PM

First Lieutenant

Makinus is on a distinguished road

Following Gandalf comment i tried other resolutions (hard to remember the option on the menu that changes resolutions) and discovered that the problem only shows up when i set the resolution for 1680x1050 or above... resolutions below this work normally...

Too bad i could not use the max resolution on my 32" LCD monitor...

Edit: and yes, i play with fullscreen and alt-tab frequently (to do other things while the turn is being processed)....
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:19 PM

Sergeant

OmikronWarrior is on a distinguished road

Man, did I pick the wrong time to start modding, or maybe the right time as things may work out. Regardless, I was working on a mod to better balance Pretenders, so as a work in progress no MP games are effected. Yet, now all the weaponless pretenders I gave weapons to still have "Fist" as a weapon alongside the weapons I gave them.

How do I go about rectifying this? Do I need to post #clearweapons with every Pretender?