.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Multiplayer and AARs

Old May 6th, 2009, 06:03 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Legends of Faerun - Closed (Game started)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeldor View Post
That map is cool, but it should really get some serious work on starting locations and population of many provinces. Chances to win can be not perfectly equal, but right now gaps are a bit too big.
If you know of problematic ones, please post in the Faerun thread on the map & mod forum, that way I can take a look at things. I checked province 103 and it really is untenable, because I had not checked thoroughly enough. I have no idea where C'tis started in this game, but it may or may not be something that has been fixed.

The map will not fix itself and I need to know about problems in order to correct them.
Old May 6th, 2009, 06:31 AM

Captain

Jarkko is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi View Post
The map will not fix itself and I need to know about problems in order to correct them.
This is very understandable. However, as you may guess, I have had little incentive to reveal exactly *where* C'tisis on the map, because after all it is a MP game and revealing such info at this point might not be healthy.

However, once I get home, I'll PM you what I found problematic. When this game launched, I was happy as a puppy with the position that did appear so strong (yeah, it is strong, but sadly so were the surrounding indies too). Notice that not all in my case has to do with map as such only, I got a really lousy start with three nasty events. The map however is much more unforgiving than some other maps when those things happen early on; if this was a SP I would have restarted ages ago (yeah, I am such weakling no stamina to see through the bad days ).

I still think the map is nice for a SP (I am in fact RPing a SP campaign on the map). In a MP enviroment too much toughness simply may be a bit too much. I am also such a weirdo, I play games for fun. When the fun factor has for whatever reason been lost, it is very hard for me to get excited again.

The map is in general great, and it is not fair I posted above that I do not like the map. I *do* like the map, but in this particular case the map (with the random independents + the scripted ones) was enough to break my weak mind. I am certain Frozen Lama will be able to take C'tis to greatness as he will be able to start from a clean slate. I think it is way better for the game to have along somebody who is really keen instead of one whiner who is crying about all those lost possibilities gone during the first four turns.
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:16 AM

Corporal

BigandScary is on a distinguished road

I need a delay on the next turn until Sunday. I will turn in turn 10 in a few minutes, but I will be away from my computer until Sunday after that and will not be able to do turn 11.
Old May 6th, 2009, 01:19 PM

Major General

Baalz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigandScary View Post
I need a delay on the next turn until Sunday. I will turn in turn 10 in a few minutes, but I will be away from my computer until Sunday after that and will not be able to do turn 11.
Well, the problem is, with so many people playing there's pretty much always going to be somebody who needs an extension...a couple days for each person who asks I fear is going to result in us being paused more often than we're playing. I'm betting that if you ask around you shouldn't have too hard a time lining up somebody to take a turn or two for you, this is a pretty helpful community and the early turns can be done in just a couple minutes (assuming you have a net connection!).
Old May 6th, 2009, 09:36 PM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

The foresters of Pangaea welcome their new neighbors, Ulm and Sauromatia. We sincerely hope that our relations can be straightforward and diplomatic.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old May 6th, 2009, 11:53 PM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

I don't want to sub but since I downloaded the map and mods to turn Mictlan AI if someone needs a turn or two done, I can help out - just PM me.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DonCorazon For This Useful Post:
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:21 AM

Sergeant

coobe is on a distinguished road

im sorry for the stale...

i reinstalled my OS and now i notice that my laptop cant read my dom3 CD

i have no clue what to do ....

could we get a sub for me ?
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:35 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

Sound like Coobe could use your help, DonC.

I occasionally post something useful.
Old May 7th, 2009, 12:41 AM

Colonel

DonCorazon is on a distinguished road

coobe's cursed - he's never finished any MP game i've been in with him - you guys were crazy to let him in .

anyway, my post was in response to bigandscary - happy to take a turn or two since he was out for a few days but i don't want to take over for someone permanently. sounds like coobe wants a sub...
Old May 7th, 2009, 09:59 AM

BANNED USER

Calahan is on a distinguished road

I have jumped the gun here and started to search for a substitute for 'coobe' / R'yleh. Hope that's ok with everyone

ps. @ Baalz - Hinnom staled last turn, so if DC is willing to take a few turns for 'BigandScary' / Hinnom until his/her return on Sunday, then can you please change the email address over. Thanks in advance.