Warning: Illegal string offset 'type' in [path]/includes/class_postbit.php(294) : eval()'d code on line 65
Bug Bug Thread: Discussion - Page 287 - .com.unity Forums
.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old March 4th, 2010, 12:20 PM

First Lieutenant

Bananadine is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Bug Thread: Discussion

Okay where do we send busted turn files these days? I don't want to attach mine to this post because the game is still going! NOT THAT THE OTHER PLAYERS WOULD CHEAT but

Anyway I'm seeing getmany failures that are triggered by The Looming Hell (which I cast)--one per turn, generally. They don't bother me very much because they only appear when I try to view certain "battles", so it's easy to avoid one once I've located it. On the latest turn in this game, the battle that crashes supposedly takes place in a province that my scouting indicates to be empty.

This kinda reminds me of when, in this same game, my pretender god patrolled at some fortress and "found" a few hidden commanders, producing messages stating that they were found... but then no battles could be viewed (I think clicking the View Battle button did nothing). Probably unrelated though. But I guess that's my second bug report for this message.
Old March 4th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Major General

Squirrelloid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordlys View Post
Cursed artifact or not, I don't think a pebble skin suit should have a power over undeath and celestial beings. Transforming a spectral mage into a living troll makes little sense thematically
So powerful is the pebble skin suit, it can even resurrect the dead flesh of ancient gods from tartarus into the body of a living troll. Ridiculous does not even *begin* to describe it.
Old March 6th, 2010, 07:05 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananadine View Post
Okay where do we send busted turn files these days? I don't want to attach mine to this post because the game is still going! NOT THAT THE OTHER PLAYERS WOULD CHEAT but

Anyway I'm seeing getmany failures that are triggered by The Looming Hell (which I cast)--one per turn, generally. They don't bother me very much because they only appear when I try to view certain "battles", so it's easy to avoid one once I've located it. On the latest turn in this game, the battle that crashes supposedly takes place in a province that my scouting indicates to be empty.

This kinda reminds me of when, in this same game, my pretender god patrolled at some fortress and "found" a few hidden commanders, producing messages stating that they were found... but then no battles could be viewed (I think clicking the View Battle button did nothing). Probably unrelated though. But I guess that's my second bug report for this message.
The instructions on where to send files and how are in the shortlist thread, first post.
Old March 7th, 2010, 04:09 AM

Corporal

zzcat is on a distinguished road

If an unit with Medallion of Vengeance casts phoenix pyre, it occasionally spawns multiple copies in battlefield when killed. Some of them can't be damaged and will stay in battlefield until their enemy routes due to turn limit. IMO it's something like memory leak or corrupted pointers...

Attached turn file requires CBM1.6.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bug.JPG
Views:	99
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	9610  
Attached Files
File Type: rar bug.rar (41.6 KB, 63 views)
Old March 7th, 2010, 09:48 AM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road

I've seen it recently without Medallion of Vengeance. Not sure what triggers it.
Old March 8th, 2010, 01:55 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Again, send the turn files to Illwinter. Johan is the only one who can do anything about that one.
Old March 10th, 2010, 03:34 PM

Corporal

ologm is on a distinguished road

I had it occur two times that I won the game in the replay, but the message and map situation show me losing. Both times it happened when I broke a siege and moved some other units in at the same time.

Scenario:
1. Get sieged by enemy.
2. Tell units inside of castle to break the siege.
3. Move some extra units in from a nearby province to assist at the same time.

Maybe if more people see this happen, we can investigate.
Old March 11th, 2010, 01:32 PM

Major

Wrana is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ologm View Post
I had it occur two times that I won the game in the replay, but the message and map situation show me losing. Both times it happened when I broke a siege and moved some other units in at the same time.
Maybe if more people see this happen, we can investigate.
It happened to me long ago and I'm almost sure that siege wasn't a factor. Something about replay being recalculated...
Old March 11th, 2010, 01:37 PM

General

thejeff is on a distinguished road

It happens.
It used to happen with version differences and/or OS differences between server and client, but it's been seen more recently even in one machine SP games.
Old March 13th, 2010, 12:49 AM

Private

cthulhu is on a distinguished road

There is a bug where when you press space from the main view when a unit is selected the orders menu will appear at the wrong X coordinate.

Also, I think there is some confusion about whether the maximum number of globals is supposed to be 5 or 6. The manual says only 5 are allowed, and sometimes the game seems to allow only 5, but other times it allows 6. I can provide saved games with 6 globals if desired.

Both of those issues were also present in Dominions 2.

edit:
1st issue I last saw in 3.23b, and cannot reproduce at will but have a saved game with it, and I've seen it numerous times. 2nd issue I last saw in 3.24, and I can reproduce at will on any version from 2.0 to 3.24.

Last edited by cthulhu; March 13th, 2010 at 01:11 AM..