.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

winSPWW2- Save $5.00
World Supremacy- Save $10.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars > Multiplayer & AARs

Old December 22nd, 2004, 10:15 PM

First Lieutenant

Thufir is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Awesome Wolf Death Caster!

I'm out of town from tomorrow through the 28th, so I'm going to reset the clock until the evening of the 29th. I hope to get in a turn or two during Christmas, but it won't be a sure thing, so we'll have to see how it goes.

Right now, we're on turn 96, and it's waiting on me and Edi. I'll get in my turn tonight, and so hopefully we'll see it host before I head out.
Old December 23rd, 2004, 10:36 AM

First Lieutenant

Soapyfrog is on a distinguished road

Still not hosted
Old December 23rd, 2004, 10:41 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

It looks like you just killed me, Thufir. Wiped out most of my main army, but I didn't expect things to go much differently. I don't have ready access to cheap SCs like you do, so I'm eventually going to lose badly.

Edi
Old December 23rd, 2004, 11:54 AM

First Lieutenant

Soapyfrog is on a distinguished road

Surely Edi you can summon Bane Lords... or better yet summon Vampires. IMHO Vampire Lords are excellent cheap SCs, and immortal to boot so if you wind up fighting a defensive war they are outstandingly cost effective.

I know Abysia does not have many death casters, but surely by now you must have some indep mages with death and blood... and once you summon one Vampire Lord, they can summon each other quite easily... all you need is a ton of blood!
Old December 28th, 2004, 04:23 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Soapyfrog said:
Still not hosted
Sorry about that! I'm working on my turn right now, and I'll reset to 48hr QH when I'm done (although be warned - it's taking me 3+ hrs to do a turn these days )
Old December 28th, 2004, 04:35 PM

First Lieutenant

Quote:
Soapyfrog said:
Quote:
Edi said:
It looks like you just killed me, Thufir. Wiped out most of my main army, but I didn't expect things to go much differently. I don't have ready access to cheap SCs like you do, so I'm eventually going to lose badly.

Surely Edi you can summon Bane Lords... or better yet summon Vampires. IMHO Vampire Lords are excellent cheap SCs, and immortal to boot so if you wind up fighting a defensive war they are outstandingly cost effective.

I know Abysia does not have many death casters, but surely by now you must have some indep mages with death and blood... and once you summon one Vampire Lord, they can summon each other quite easily... all you need is a ton of blood!
Sorry to hear that Edi, if it helps any, I think that you've been doing a good job with your global spells, but clearly your army is in need of SCs (or SC chassis used as casters). Also, any of Soapy's suggestions are a good idea. I did (as may be obvious) take a page from a recent thread where Rain of Stones or Earthquake was a suggested spell vs. national mages. I actually had some difficulty employing the tactic, as I made a couple of errors in scripting/movement orders, but clearly the spell works quite well!

Personally, I don't think it's so much a question of how Abysia fares vs. Man, but rather Man vs Abysia plus Atlantis (plus Ulm, if you can, or have brought Soapy over to your side). Clearly, I out-resourse Abysia right now, maybe even Abysia plus Atlantis, but I don't think the outcome is a given if everyone is ganging up on me.

OTOH, if the game is no longer enjoyable for you, I would understand that. I don't think its outrageous to turn Abysia AI, or we can also look for a sub (especially if odd_enuf or Soapy thinks that that is important).

Let us know how you want to procede.

- Thufir

Edit:

I really hate to give my enemies any intel on what works against me, but I will tell you Last turn was a bad turn for me, and that both you and Atlantis contributed to the damage done.
Old December 28th, 2004, 06:13 PM

Lieutenant General

Boron is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Edi said:

Edi
The devils from horde to hell are excellent thugs .
Abysia has excellent access to SCs anyways .
Panther as Abysia has now all IDs and ADs in my new game , newbie slugfest . We are VH research there and on turn 58 now .
Imo Abysia , Mictlan and Jotunheim have the easiest access to lots of different SCs/thugs .
Despite common opinion Flames from the sky / afar kill also hidden troops . Thufir killed lots of my clamhoarders (scouts/black servants) with some FFTS .

P.S. What thufir says is true . You did quite some damage to him .
Old December 29th, 2004, 03:45 PM

First Lieutenant

My apologies for the many delays - I'm working on my turn once again, however.
Old December 29th, 2004, 06:53 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Soapyfrog said:
Bane Lords, yes, if I wipe out all of my death gems. Death income is and has been throughout the game my weakest point, I just got shafted in that department when sites were allocated. Vamp Lords, I might be able to, but it's difficult.

Quote:
Soapyfrog said:
I'll see what I can do to salvage things.

Quote:
Thufir said:
Personally, I don't think it's so much a question of how Abysia fares vs. Man, but rather Man vs Abysia plus Atlantis (plus Ulm, if you can, or have brought Soapy over to your side). Clearly, I out-resourse Abysia right now, maybe even Abysia plus Atlantis, but I don't think the outcome is a given if everyone is ganging up on me.
True enough, but if you can decimate me quickly enough, I'll be out of the picture, and if I can't counter your tactics, it's what will happen. We'll see.

Quote:
Thufir said:
OTOH, if the game is no longer enjoyable for you, I would understand that. I don't think its outrageous to turn Abysia AI, or we can also look for a sub (especially if odd_enuf or Soapy thinks that that is important).

Let us know how you want to procede.
I'm not going AI, I'm sticking with this until the end. Who knows what might happen.

Quote:
Thufir said:
I really hate to give my enemies any intel on what works against me, but I will tell you Last turn was a bad turn for me, and that both you and Atlantis contributed to the damage done.
Well, it's all part of the service!
Glad to hear that my efforts are not completely in vain then. I do like the tools I've got, and there's something to be said for being immune to Fire Domes...

Edi
Old December 29th, 2004, 07:16 PM

First Lieutenant

We are now reset to 48hr QH, but obviously, I've had some difficulty keeping up. I'll see if I can find a way to get my turns done more quickly, but I may have to back off to 72hr QH.