.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old June 14th, 2008, 03:35 AM

Second Lieutenant

IndyPendant is on a distinguished road
Default Reanimate bug, source discovered (?) Please read.

Edit: Please read my post below, explaining what I think is causing this bug.

I am playing in a MP game as MA Ermor, and my Reanimating Thaumaturges and Grand Thaumaturges are not producing any undead!

Since a player has now declared war on me (and violated our NAP by attacking too early, despite clear advance warning of The Consequences, so he goes on The List of pricks) I am quickly going to go down if this doesn't get resolved asap.

It only started in the last two turns of a 20-turn game. For the first 18 turns, I have been able to Reanimate undead without difficulties.

My leaders have definitely been given the Reanimate command--I doublechecked, and even gave them the orders over again last turn when no undead were created. Current turn: nothing. We are nowhere near any reasonable upper limit of total units in the game. It's happening in two provinces--my capital, and an AI capital I am besieging. Both provinces have Reanimators there, and neither are producing anything.

Leaders and units I recruit normally (via castles) do still show up. I'm Reviving Kings using the ritual, and they are showing up. Just no Reanimated undead.

I frankly don't see how I can keep playing MA Ermor if this problem does not get resolved asap, so I am throwing this out there for any help the community may provide.

On top of it all, I am off visiting my parents for the weekend, so my internet access will be intermittent for a few days. If I don't respond to questions and advice quickly, that's why. ; )

Thanks in advance!
Old June 14th, 2008, 03:49 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Please help, urgent bug!

What undead were you reanimating? If it was soulless and you ran out of corpses in the province, everything is working fine. If it's ghouls and there is no population, everything is fine. If it was longdead and you aren't getting any of them, then there is a problem.

Precision and exactitude are your friends when reporting bugs. I have seen no such behavior in v3.17 and Kaljamaha and I just finished a fairly long game where he used reanimation rather extensively at one point as Lanka.
Old June 14th, 2008, 08:37 AM

Major General

Meglobob is on a distinguished road

There was talk of nerfing reanimation before the 3.17 patch, it hasn't actually been nerfed as it?

Shame if it has.

I remember, playing La Ermor sometime ago, the unit limit was reached rather quickly, turn 30 - 40'ish. Which I thought strange.

It lead me to consider if the unit limit depended on the specs of the computer you are playing on. I am not very technical so someone more computer, 'wizzy' may want to comment.

By the way, where is, 'the list of pricks', sounds controversal...
Old June 14th, 2008, 08:54 AM

Captain

atul is on a distinguished road

Do you have troops led by your reanimators? If so, all the reanimatees (spelling?) appear under the reanimator's command in some unit block, instead of in the top row of the unit line-up. It might confuse one a bit that the summoned units don't appear consistently in one place...
Old June 14th, 2008, 03:26 PM

Second Lieutenant

IndyPendant is on a distinguished road

Heh. I do know about trying to give all the details Edi, and I tried to be as thorough as possible. Just forgot to include some points. Here are some more details:

In the province I was besieging, they were Reanimating both Soulless and Longdead Horsemen. I made careful note of the corpses in that province last turn; there were 72. In my home capital, it was all Grand Thaums Reanimating Longdead Horsemen.

atul, thanks for the suggestion, I had forgotten to mention that as well. I am aware of that mechanic, and the undead have not appeared *anywhere*, including within armies already created in the province. None of the reanimators have any units at all under them; the units I have are all on my Mound Kings or garrisoned in the castle.

It's definitely a bug, and a crippling one for MA Ermor at war in a MP game.

And Meglobob, I'm not afraid of controversy. I meant exactly what I said. ; )

Thanks for the help so far, I really appreciate it! If there's any further info I can provide, let me know. If you can think of anything that might cause it, definitely let me know! I really want to continue playing this game...
Old June 14th, 2008, 03:37 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

Keep an eye on it and make notes. I'm very soon going to be logging off for a week and will not be online again until Monday, June 23rd. If there is more information by that time, it could help.
Old June 14th, 2008, 07:39 PM

Corporal

Xox is on a distinguished road

Wow that is pretty much game over if that hapens to ermor in any mp game. My condolences Indy.
Old June 15th, 2008, 05:49 AM

General

Lingchih is on a distinguished road

I am currently playing MA Ermor under the current patch, in an MP game, and have no problems with reanimating. Some kind of mod glitch, maybe?

I occasionally post something useful.
Old June 15th, 2008, 07:07 AM

Lieutenant Colonel

Agrajag is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Lingchih said:
Some kind of mod glitch, maybe?
Maybe the mod + magic paths bug zeroed his reanimators' holy so they can't reanimate
Old June 15th, 2008, 08:20 AM

Lieutenant General

Aezeal is on a distinguished road

Can others in that game still reanimate (or aren't they into that yet?)
In for a whole new sort of game? Then try my scenario map Gang Wars.