.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

winSPWW2- Save $5.00
World Supremacy- Save $10.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 2: The Ascension Wars

Old June 11th, 2004, 11:55 AM

Captain

Cohen is on a distinguished road
Default [Map Editing] How to?

I'ven't seen the commands to do those things on the DOCs ... there're and are hidden, or they can be added in future?

I'd need to set provinces already owned by a player (not the Starting prov and/or the number of starting prov ...) because I need states already done.

I'd need that in those provinces there're already troops owned by that Nation. You can set up troops only for Indep provinces.
- The Enemy of the SC and all the overpowered and unbalanced things.
Old June 11th, 2004, 03:28 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road
Default Re: [Map Editing] How to?

Its in the doc directory of the game. Called mapedit.pdf (you will need a pdf viewer to read it)
Try clicking this...
file:///C:/Program20Files/dominions2/doc/map_edit.pdf
Hmmm cant get this stupid board to recognize it as a perfectly good link. Oh well copy and paste it into browser and it should work.

*growl* I hate the "if it aint WWW then it aint Internet" thinking. As if there was nothing else that goes at the head of an URL except http

-- (sig line) It used to be "cant see the forest for the trees". I guess the new Version is "cant see the Internet for the WWW"

[ June 11, 2004, 14:37: Message edited by: Gandalf Parker ]
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old June 11th, 2004, 03:43 PM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

You might also go to www.dom2minions.com and look for the WEvsTHEM scenario. It does alot of what you are talking about. Look at the .map file for that.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old June 11th, 2004, 04:04 PM

Captain

Cohen is on a distinguished road

I've already read the pdf map editing help document, and none of these things are contemplated.

I'll check for your scenario.
- The Enemy of the SC and all the overpowered and unbalanced things.
Old June 11th, 2004, 04:18 PM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road

The commands you need are:

#land
#owner
#commander
#units

#land command kills everything in the target province, and if you want to assign the province to some nation, you need to use this. If you use the #setland command, there will be an indie force in the province that will attack immediately when you host your first turn. All following commands will affect this province, until the next #setland or #land command

#owner X will assign the ownership of the province to nation X, e.g. #owner 0 gives it to Abysia.

The #commander places a commander of the specified type in the province. Note that there might be more than one commander type of the same name (e.g. the three different mounted commanders, 44, 45 and 46), and in that case it will use one of those types and it will always be the same type if you don't use the unit ID# (e.g. #commander 44). If you don't use unit ID numbers, you need to put the type in quotation marks (e.g. #commander "Mounted Commander")

The #units works exactly as the #commander command above, in all respects, except that it must be preceded by a #commander command first. For example, if you assigned 20 Hoplites to your mounted commander, it would be #units 20 "Hoplite".

That's about the basics of map editing, but it was all in the mapedit.pdf, so obviously you did not read it carefully enough or just weren't paying attention.

Edi