.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old May 3rd, 2007, 02:16 PM

Sergeant

Ewierl is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nice bug

Regeneration ignores disease. It allows the unit to regenerate to its full normal HP total.

I don't know if this is a bug or WAD, but it produces some odd effects, where you need to put your old-age mages into combat every once in a while so they can heal up the damage lost by disease. IMO, there's an inconsistency going on if units can do something easily during combat that can never be accomplished outside of a battle!
Old May 3rd, 2007, 05:30 PM

Major General

Taqwus is on a distinguished road
Default 3.06 mercenaries, commander killed by global

Apparent weirdness:

Had a mercenary company participating in a siege.

Mercenary leader, Gote, dies outside of battle -- probably by a lucky hit from _Wrath of God_ which nobody was bothering to dispel. Units belonging to the company stick around, but still have the 'mercenary' flag and cannot be reassigned to any other leader AFAICT. Obvious resolution is probably to have had them vaporize, just as if they'd fled during battle.

I've also reanimated their former leader, so should be able to check whether the mercenary flag sticks around in the afterlife in 3.08 once I get home.
Old May 3rd, 2007, 06:07 PM

Major General

MaxWilson is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 3.06 mercenaries, commander killed by global

I think it does in part; mercenaries revived with Ritual of Rebirth don't demand contracts but still won't give up their items (or give BACK items that you give them).

-Max

["Memories of Ice", by Steven Erikson. Retranslated into l33t.]
Old May 3rd, 2007, 06:40 PM

Major General

DrPraetorious is on a distinguished road
Default Wrong GC for Fir Bolg Champion

The fir bolg champion is GC 13 (MA Eriu). I'm pretty sure that was meant to be at least 30.
If you read his speech at Rice, all his arguments for going to the moon work equally well as arguments for blowing up the moon, sending cloned dinosaurs into space, or constructing a towering *****-shaped obelisk on Mars. --Randall Munroe
Old May 4th, 2007, 02:27 AM

National Security Advisor

Edi is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wrong GC for Fir Bolg Champion

It's supposed to be 45 gold. Known issue.
Old May 4th, 2007, 04:08 AM

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Shortlist:
MOD Sprites: There is a hard limit of 110 new sprites added in mods. Any more and the game crashes. Unknown if 110 is a total limit from all enabled mods together, or the limit for how many can be included in a single mod.
Quote:
Johan K said:
The image limit in Dominions is 1000 images from enabled mods. So it should be quite a while before you reach that.
Old May 4th, 2007, 04:16 AM

Quote:
shortlistNAT 011 Bandar Log reincarnation: Player receives message “****v has died and been reincarnated as a fully grown White One.” The problem is '****v' is actually a series of squares followed by a triangle (point down). No idea what happened, who died and where. Ask LDiCesare for more information.
I think I meantioned this earlier somewhere. This happens whenever a unit-White One dies and is reincarnated (as a unit).
Old May 4th, 2007, 11:40 AM

General

lch is on a distinguished road

Dunno if it's a bug or WAD, but my Caelian hero Isvat has always 2 prot less than he should do. He has a 15 prot fire plate by default (which gives him 13 prot), but even giving him other armors always results in 2 prot less than the armor has. He currently is in Cold 2 dominion by the way, if that makes any difference. This applies to 3.06, haven't tested 3.08 yet but as Isvat can only be found in the Worthy Heroes mod thread I guess it isn't fixed since it was never reported.
Emergency comic relief
Old May 4th, 2007, 01:54 PM

Quote:
lch said:
Dunno if it's a bug or WAD, but my Caelian hero Isvat has always 2 prot less than he should do. He has a 15 prot fire plate by default (which gives him 13 prot), but even giving him other armors always results in 2 prot less than the armor has. He currently is in Cold 2 dominion by the way, if that makes any difference. This applies to 3.06, haven't tested 3.08 yet but as Isvat can only be found in the Worthy Heroes mod thread I guess it isn't fixed since it was never reported.
I immediately thought of some form of ice-affected armor... But if it was LOWER in cold 2, something's wrong with it. I guess it can be negative as well, to give bonuses in warm provinces, though.
Old May 4th, 2007, 03:44 PM

Sergeant

Ewierl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
lch said:
Does he have a helmet? A suit of armor with protection X provides about 80% of X to the unit's overall protection score, since it leaves the head uncovered, and the "Protection" value listed on the unit's infoscreen is the average protection over the whole body. Click on that value to see separate values for head and body; if you're lucky (ie, not bugged), he has full 15 on body and a much lower value on head.