.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

Raging Tiger- Save $9.00
World Supremacy- Save $9.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening

Old September 28th, 2008, 07:45 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Nature magic bonus to regeneration?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevan View Post

Are you sure? I use regeneration artefacts for my titans from Tartaran Gate - as you know, there`s a chance to summon very powerful hero instead of monster. But all summoned titans have very serious afflictions - limp, blind or feebleminded. Dressed in "full regeneraion set" (hydra skin + ring + Ivy crown), they regenerate all affliction for 10-12 turns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aezeal View Post
Crevan is correct I think, all units with regeneration also have a certain revuperation effect.
But Wyrm doesn't heal its afflictions, and it always regenerates. Or does it? At least I don't remember Wyrms healing any afflictions.

In my quick test, Branwen the Blind One didn't heal her Blindness even when equipped with Ring of Regen, Hydra Skin Armor, Crown of the Ivy King or Boots of Antaeus for more than a dozen turns. After that, I gave her all of the above items at once, and she still didn't get her eyes back. At that point, she had regen of about 35%.
Old September 28th, 2008, 08:13 AM

Corporal

Crevan is on a distinguished road

"The Blind One", you say? Heh, some units have incurable afflictions - Forge Lord is limp, another pretender (forgot his name...one of the northern gods) loss one eye... It`s the part of their storyline
Some afflictions can`t be healed because of artefact abilities (e.g. Ruby Eye), in such case won`t work Arcos healing abilities
Try to heal wounded units - not diseased, just wounded - or do as I say, summon titans. Quite expensive, but clear test
-
Anybody know, does enchantment "Gift of Health" regeneration or recuperation bonuses to uints and heroes, or just boost HP and prows growth/supply scale?
Old September 28th, 2008, 08:21 AM

Colonel

Ballbarian will become famous soon enough

I could be remembering incorrectly, but I am pretty sure that Gift of Health cures afflictions over time.
Map Forge - Map editor
Old September 28th, 2008, 08:53 AM

Sergeant

Kadelake is on a distinguished road

Are there still any uncertainty about how afflictions work? I thought affliction mechanics where common knowledge. It is listed in detail in the FAQ.

Regeneration reduces the chance of obtaining afflictions but never heals them. The only known ways of healing the afflictions of tartarians and other undead are the Chalice or gift of health.
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:04 AM

Sergeant

Nikelaos is on a distinguished road

according to the manual a unit with regeneration has 1/8 of the chance of picking up an affliction as a unit without, but no they don't automaticly heal if they have regenration, only if they have recuperation or are under the effects of a healer,gift of health,the chalice...etc
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:33 AM

Edi is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endoperez View Post
And regeneration doesn't heal afflictions. There's another ability for that, that e.g. Pangaean units have, but it's not connected to regeneration and there aren't any items that give it.
Are you sure? I use regeneration artefacts for my titans from Tartaran Gate - as you know, there`s a chance to summon very powerful hero instead of monster. But all summoned titans have very serious afflictions - limp, blind or feebleminded. Dressed in "full regeneraion set" (hydra skin + ring + Ivy crown), they regenerate all affliction for 10-12 turns
If regeneration works like recuperation in "world" play, why it can`t work so in combat?
Regeneration in and of itself does not cause afflictions to disappear. However, there are special effects when combining certain items.

Whip of Command + Scepter of Authority + Crown of Command = Awe(+0) and if you switch the command scepter for O'al Kan's scepter, it's awe(+1). But if you only have any two of those items instead of all three, no bonus.

So it may be a very well hidden easter egg in the game that Hydra Skin Armor + Ring of Regeneration + Ivy Crown = Recuperation effect on units even though an icon does not show. If this is true, Tartarians just became a lot more powerful weapon in the arsenal, despite Shattered Soul.

By the way, Nature magic in and of itself does not boost native regeneration ability. That is an error in the manual, or at the very least a misleading statement unless qualified.
The Following User Says Thank You to Edi For This Useful Post:
Old September 28th, 2008, 10:24 AM

Endoperez is on a distinguished road

Quote:
"The Blind One", you say? Heh, some units have incurable afflictions - Forge Lord is limp, another pretender (forgot his name...one of the northern gods) loss one eye... It`s the part of their storyline
Some afflictions can`t be healed because of artefact abilities (e.g. Ruby Eye), in such case won`t work Arcos healing abilities
Try to heal wounded units - not diseased, just wounded - or do as I say, summon titans. Quite expensive, but clear test
-

Anybody know, does enchantment "Gift of Health" regeneration or recuperation bonuses to uints and heroes, or just boost HP and prows growth/supply scale?
The only incurable afflictions are those from equipped items. There are some units and commanders that start with afflictions, but those only govern what they start with. If Arcoscephale has a Forge Lord pretender, the priestesses can heal his Limp, etc. I just tested this to make sure, and it works. Allfather (the northern god you mentioned), works the same way, and so do Flagellants and such units.

Gift of Health heals afflictions inside your own dominion. That's what healed your Tartarians' afflictions, not regeneration. FAQ has details on how to heal afflictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi View Post
Regeneration in and of itself does not cause afflictions to disappear. However, there are special effects when combining certain items.

Whip of Command + Scepter of Authority + Crown of Command = Awe(+0) and if you switch the command scepter for O'al Kan's scepter, it's awe(+1). But if you only have any two of those items instead of all three, no bonus.
That's due to high Leadership stat. Once Leadership is boosted high enough, it starts giving Awe.
The Following User Says Thank You to Endoperez For This Useful Post:
Old September 30th, 2008, 10:48 AM

Corporal

Crevan is on a distinguished road

Tnaks. Just load old saved game to check it - when I heal my titans, I use also GoH enchantment (I`ve cast it too early and forget about it)
High leadership leads to awe? Hmmmmm...so if I`ll use SC-mage and boost leadership he`ll receive Awe? May I use XP bonus to this boost (high XPerienced generals don`t Awe - but with artefacts or fire skills can they?)
Old September 30th, 2008, 11:12 AM

First Lieutenant

sum1lost is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endoperez View Post
Quote:
-

The only incurable afflictions are those from equipped items. There are some units and commanders that start with afflictions, but those only govern what they start with. If Arcoscephale has a Forge Lord pretender, the priestesses can heal his Limp, etc. I just tested this to make sure, and it works. Allfather (the northern god you mentioned), works the same way, and so do Flagellants and such units.

Gift of Health heals afflictions inside your own dominion. That's what healed your Tartarians' afflictions, not regeneration. FAQ has details on how to heal afflictions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edi View Post

That's due to high Leadership stat. Once Leadership is boosted high enough, it starts giving Awe.
I'm pretty sure that high leadership doesn't give awe. I've had commanders with incredibly high leadership, but without those exact boosters, they didn't get awe.
Old September 30th, 2008, 02:42 PM

General

Ironhawk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
High leadership leads to awe? Hmmmmm...so if I`ll use SC-mage and boost leadership he`ll receive Awe? May I use XP bonus to this boost (high XPerienced generals don`t Awe - but with artefacts or fire skills can they?)
High Leadership does NOT give awe.

Edi is referring to a specific combination of items which give an undocumented effect. I'd never even heard of it, till now.