.com.unity Forums
  The Official e-Store of Shrapnel Games

This Month's Specials

The Star and the Crescent- Save $8.00
winSPMBT: Main Battle Tank- Save $6.00

Go Back   .com.unity Forums > Illwinter Game Design > Dominions 3: The Awakening > Scenarios, Maps and Mods

Old April 15th, 2007, 06:11 AM

National Security Advisor

Endoperez is on a distinguished road
Default Re: The Modder\'s Wishlist

Elf Bane doesn't deal double damage to magical creatures, they cause a special effect of "slay magic" that is resistable effect that kills a magic being.

Any way, yes, that WOULD be nice.
Old April 15th, 2007, 08:05 AM

THE MODDERS' WISHLIST

Updated again. I'm leaving, again, for a week later today, so I'd appreciate quick corrections to any mistakes. Also, don't expect a new flood of suggestions to be added to this before next week.

Updates:

one more:
* pop-dying and dominion-spawning as nation-modding commands

* ability to add and/or rename Ages
* A lengthy suggestion about mutations
* ability to mod bless effects

* All modding commands could also use a #copy command, so #copyweapon
* #dt_magic to cause double damage to magic beings

* #undeadnation, as Lanka/ MA Ermor/ LA Ermor ability (priests have undead leadership etc)
* suggestion for pretender-modding format (#selectnation, #clearpretenders, #addpretender)

* increase maximum unit, site, weapon, armor, spell etc array maximums so that making a nation nr XX would use unit numbers XX00 to XX99, spell numbers XX00 to XX99 etc.
* increase nation array so that more than about a dozen modded nation can be played at the same time
* increase the number of sprites that can be added in mods, looky

* ability to create custom linked randoms (W3S3 2xWESD Aboleths for EA! )
* ability to create units with custom random having Holy in it (units that are sometimes priests)
* ability to define units' armor by number
* #reinvigoration doesn't work
* ability to make a unit (Vastness) immune to disease and/or afflictions in general
* #siegebonus fixed April 14th (for next version)
* #spreaddom, #nobadevents, #incunrest for Juggernaut domspread, Fortune Teller bad event preventing and Lady of Love unrest-lowering abilities, April 14th (for next version)

* ability to create new magic items with new sprites
* ability to restrict e.g. Gate Cleaver or Hammer of the Mountains to size 2 or bigger units, or the make handedness dependent on size of a unit (Gate Cleaver 1-handed for big creatures)
* ability to initiate spell-effect at the beginning of battle, every turn of a battle, every time an enemy is hit, every time an enemy is killed, when the unit dies, when a unit dies, etc. I'm not sure what UnsinspiredName wanted this to affect, but I'm putting it into Magic Item modding.

* being able to duplicate Unfrozen and/or Crossbreeding
* ability to make spells cause events in target province (custom events with just text would be awesome)
* making the secondary spell-effect field moddable
* spells that summon both units and commanders being moddable
* ability to make new spells that summon new unique creatures

Implemented, but bugged

* #specialeffectalways doesn't work at all
* #reinvigoration doesn't work

Requested mod commands

Magic sites

* It isn't possible to make sites that let everyone recruit the units. #com and #mon commands are needed in addition to #homecom and #homemon.
* All modding commands need #clear or similar command. #clear for sites and weapons are missing.
* command for summoning creatures when a mage enters a site
* command for casting a spesific ritual when mage enters a site
* unrest for magic sites
* modding commands for the dungeon sites

Weapons

* A way to make ranged weapon be affected by Flaming Arrows. #fireweapon (wpn nbr) to spesify what weapon is used when new weapon is affected by Flaming Arrows was suggested.
* A way to set #range to Strength, for thrown weapons. I think it's #range -1, but #range is restricted to 0 and up.
* All modding commands need #clear or similar command. #clear for sites and weapons are missing.
* All modding commands could also use a #copy command, so #copyweapon
* #dt_magic to cause double damage to magic beings

Units

* ability to define units' armor by number
* ability to make a unit (Vastness) immune to disease and/or afflictions in general
* #horrormarked <value> - unit starts with horror mark
* #cursed - unit starts with curse
* #affliction <bitmask> <chance> - unit starts with affliction(s) chosen from a list
* ability to make units immune to Horror Mark or Curse
* #insanity
* #lure
* #skeptic

* #inquisitor
* #communicant, as Theurg Communicants' ability
* ability to spawn units of spesific type (Pan->Maenads), under various restrictions (scale and/or terrain mask)
* ability to get free units (bodyguards) in battle, e.g. Dai Oni and their wolves
* scale sensitivity, e.g. Ice Devils and Burning Ones are affected by temperature
* a command that makes a unit ccast one spell, targeted at the unit itself, in the beginning of the battle to simulate e.g. Communion Slave
* units that disappear after one battle, such as Gladiators
* a command to make an unit move independently around the map, as Eater of the Dead

Spells
* Moddable bonus to number of effects from spells, from Crossbreeding to Summer Lions to Magma Bolts
* being able to duplicate Unfrozen and/or Crossbreeding
* ability to make spells cause events in target province (custom events with just text would be awesome)
* making the secondary spell-effect field moddable
* spells that summon both units and commanders being moddable
* ability to make new spells that summon new unique creatures

Nations
* free units in forts (with terrain mask), in areas of high dominion, under spesific scales...
* a #multihero that only appears one at a time; the second one only comes after the first has died
* moddable nation-spesific undead
* command for giving the same pretender to multiple nations without copying him a dozen times
* command to make a nation that doesn't have one or more of the default pretenders
* a way to name heroes!
* ability to use custom pics for temples
* #undeadnation, as Lanka/ MA Ermor/ LA Ermor ability (priests have undead leadership etc)

Magic items
* #mainlevel 0 for making an item require level 1 mage, but take only 1 gem
* #spell for items, to make commander cast spesific spell
* #ritual for items, to make commander cast spesific spell in main map
* magic res and elemental/poison resistances for items, both positive and negative
* commands for affecting stats of the commander using the item: +/-att, def, prot, hp, enc, ap, even size...
* ability to initiate spell-effect at the beginning of battle, every turn of a battle, every time an enemy is hit, every time an enemy is killed, when the unit dies, when any unit dies, etc
* ability to restrict e.g. Gate Cleaver or Hammer of the Mountains to size 2 or bigger units, or the make handedness dependent on size of a unit (Gate Cleaver 1-handed for big creatures)
* ability to create new items with new sprites

Misc
* commands for changing the costs of labs and temples, and fort modding commands with gold cost, time requirement and layout (the battlefield used).
* Poptypes modding - recruitable units, defenders, era, rarity
* ability to mod bless effects
* mercenary modding - commander, his name, items/gems, exp; unit type, nr of units, exp; ages the group is available in, recruit cost, nation bonuses
* commands for changing Magic/Drain effect on magic resistance and spellcasting encumberance.
* general mod command for changing the chance of events on common/rare setting
* Age-restricted mods that don't affect games of other ages. A modding command, but more for ease of use than to changing things.

* Few more lengthy suggestions
* another complicated suggestion

Requested mod-related features
Generally these are changes I think would require either a enw mechanic or a change in the hard-coded underlying mechanics of the game. I could be wrong about the severity of the change.

* nation-spesific items
* There should be a map command for a required mod that has to be enabled to play the map.
* themes back, and made moddable
* Three lengthy suggestions
* more hero slots
* a one-time shape change to another unit after reaching a unit reaches a spesific age
* masks working in hexadecimal as well as decimal
* Some way to use #copystats without getting unwanted features. Blank units with just #seduce, #lure, etc various commands that currently can't be added were suggested.
* ability to add custom sound effects
* ability to rename (and/or add) magic paths, to change the icon, the pic of gemtype, the pics of sites, the names of schools...
* increase maximum unit, site, weapon, armor, spell etc maximums so that e.g. making a nation nr XX would use unit numbers XX00 to XX99, spell numbers XX00 to XX99 etc.
* increase nation array so that more than about a dozen modded nation can be played at the same time
* increase the number of sprites that can be added in mods, looky
* ability to add and/or rename Ages
* A lengthy suggestion about mutations
* commander for reversing the old age parameters (-5% hp to +5% hp) (and for negating old age afflictions).
* Effect of experience stars: #hp, #str, #att, #def, #prec, #mrl, #enc, #mr, #xp [required to reach a spesific level, 15 for first star]

Suggested and implemented

* The ability to change spell names and descriptions as well as spell modding in general
* It isn't possible to add new national spells that have to be researched.
* It should be possible to find out numbers of magic items. Shift+I.
* commands for changing units' ages
* #animalawe
* #summonallies [amount] [unit name/nr] as #summon1 and #summon5 and #makemonster1 to #makemonster5
* #seduce, #succubus
* #charge for weapons
* #aoe with special numbers that affect whole battlefield 665,666...
* Resistances can be modded to exceed 100%.
* can disable nation with #era 0.

* #siegebonus fixed April 14th (for next version)
* #spreaddom, #nobadevents, #incunrest for Juggernaut domspread, Fortune Teller bad event preventing and Lady of Love unrest-lowering abilities, April 14th (for next version)

Suggested forms

Experience modding:
#xplevel [1 to 5 stars]
#hp, #str, #att, #def, #prec, #mrl, #enc, #mr, #xp [required to reach a spesific level, 15 for first star]

Changing the pretenders available to a nation:
#selectnation 0
#clearpretenders
#addpretender "Prince of Death"
#addpretender "Drakaina"
#addpretender "Vampire Queen"

Updated to reflect things already implemented so a new shortlist is easier to make. ~Edi
Old April 15th, 2007, 11:02 AM

Captain

Amos is on a distinguished road

What about various population-dying effects, like LA Ermor and LA R'lyeh?

Quote:
themes back, and made moddable

Is pop-dying falls under themes?

Old April 15th, 2007, 11:36 AM

Shrapnel Fanatic

Gandalf Parker is on a distinguished road

Great work Endoperez!
I should do this with the server wishlist and the mapper wishlist. Maybe its NOT that Johan loves the modders more, maybe its this type of organizing that he loves.
This game is NOT suitable for students, interns, apprentices, or anyone else who is expected to pass tests on a regular basis. Do not think about strategies while operating heavy machinery. Before beginning this game make arrangements for someone to check on you daily. If you find that your game has continued for more than 36 hours straight then you should consult a physician immediately (Do NOT show him the game!)
Old April 15th, 2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Amos said:
What about various population-dying effects, like LA Ermor and LA R'lyeh?

Quote:
themes back, and made moddable

Is pop-dying falls under themes?

It's about DomII's themes, where you played either base (MA), New Era (LA) or Carrion Woods (like the global) Pangaea. You chose it at pretender creation, started with it and couldn't change it later. Basically, three nations under one flag, some of them costing extra points. It also had some nifty effects available, e.g. pay 50 points for being able to take your sacred units under water in friendly dominion.

Any way, I added this:
Old April 18th, 2007, 01:14 AM

Sergeant

UninspiredName is on a distinguished road

Apologies if this has already been suggested, but how about a sort of 'spell-like ability' option for monster modding and (I can dream, can't I?) magic item modding. Something like #ability <type> <spellnumber>.

Type would be under what conditions it casts.
0 for every turn
1 for the start of the battle
2 for every time the creature/weapon attacks
3 for every time the creature/weapon hits
4 for every time the creature/weapon kills (maybe not?)
5 for when the creature/weilder is killed

that could mean self-destructs, auras aside from heat and cold, battlefield-effecting abilities like the Lanka-summon whose name I can't recall, etc. Would really open things up, and making the 'spells' unavailable for normal casting isn't that hard with the current tools.
Old April 20th, 2007, 04:21 PM

Quote:
UninspiredName said:
Apologies if this has already been suggested, but how about a sort of 'spell-like ability' option for monster modding and (I can dream, can't I?) magic item modding. Something like #ability <type> <spellnumber>.
It's in as

* ability to initiate spell-effect at the beginning of battle, every turn of a battle, every time an enemy is hit, every time an enemy is killed, when the unit dies, when a unit dies, etc. I'm not sure what UnsinspiredName wanted this to affect, but I'm putting it into Magic Item modding.

I'll add it in the units section if there's need to update the list sometime in the future.
Old April 20th, 2007, 05:00 PM

Sergeant

UninspiredName is on a distinguished road

The idea was for monsters. Opening it up for magic items was just me being optimistic.
Old April 20th, 2007, 05:15 PM

Quote:
UninspiredName said:
The idea was for monsters. Opening it up for magic items was just me being optimistic.
Actually, I think it's easier to get it for items than for monsters. For cast-at-the-beginning spells, there are few uniques and/or high-end summons like the Goat Sun (Heat From Hell), and numerous items (Staff of Storms, Banner of the Northern Star, The Sword of Aurgelmer...) For cast-every-turn creatures, I can't think of any, but there are multiple items (Spirit Helmet, Soulstone of the Wolves, Pelt of Fenrer). For cast-when-hit, it's a property of the weapon used and thus available for magic weapons just as easily as for creatures using custom weapons. Units don't cause special things when they kill, but one of the Twin Spears does. Units can't do much more than change shapes when they die, but items can cause various effects (Amulet of Vengeance, Crystal Heart/Elixir of Life).
Old April 20th, 2007, 06:48 PM

General

HoneyBadger is on a distinguished road

I'd like the ability to tie summons (such as Ermor Ashen Empire) and other spells/abilities (such as LA R'lyeh's insanity ability and C'Tis Miasma effect) to Dominion

To get specific for my own uses: Dominion that creates carrion-beings and Dominion that creates the weird critters you get when you use cross-breeding. Maybe even Dominion that gives you different kinds of animals.

Along these same lines, I'd like to be able to create a spell that summoned one of several different creatures, so as to create this kind of spell-I'd like to do a couple of demon ones, sometime.